Residential Drafting Services
Balance is always in order in this Traditional two story floor plan. Board & batten, stone accents, and neighborly front porch further the attraction. The floor plan is well thought-out, with formal living and dining area flanking the living room, and casual living all set to the back of the home. A convenient kitchen with pantry connects with the dining room and the service hall from the kitchen. The flow is circular and open, allowing easy movement between spaces, with no dead-end rooms. The informal nook features large windows and French patio double doors to a rear patio off of the living room and an office to help keep you organized. Upstairs rooms include a large master suite and three family bedrooms. The master bath is worthy of note as it contains a large walk-in closet, separate shower and optional spa tub. Bonus suite space with separate entrance, could become in-law, a fifth bedroom, or a games room with home office space in the future.
Tell us about your desired changes so we can prepare an estimate for the design service. Click the button to submit your request for pricing, or call 250-383-9990 for assistance.
What’s included in this plan set
- Exterior Elevations – In addition to the front exterior, your drawing set will include drawings of the rear and sides of your house as well. These drawings give notes on exterior materials and finishes. Particular attention is given to cornice detail, rock and stone accents, or other finish items that make your home unique.
- Foundation Plan- The foundation page dimensions, concrete walls, footings, pads, posts, beams, bearing walls, and any stepped foundation information along with any retaining wall info if req. (schematic only). A typical wall section for the home is also usually included on this page (if not, it is elsewhere in your plan set, as space allows). If your plan features a poured concrete slab rather than a basement or crawlspace, the foundation page shows footings and details for the slab.
- Floor Plan(s) – Exterior and interior wall framing, and windows/doors are dimensioned. Room sizes are indicated and any beams, posts and structural bearing points are called out. Floor Plans will also indicate cross–section details (provided on the sections page) and show any special framing details applicable to the design. Optional cabinet elevations can be included for kitchen and bathrooms; some designs feature cabinet elevations for design–related built–ins too.
- Building Sections- Building sections show changes in floor, ceiling, or roof height, and the relationship of one level to another. Our section pages also show how the stairs are calculated (if there are some!) and depict roof and foundation members. We try and draw sections to show the most useful information — choosing locations where there are elements you or your contractor might need clarification on.
- Roof Plan- Roof framing or truss directions are shown, slope directions are indicated and structural members are called out if applicable, and we also show gutters, downspouts, and any roof venting required for your home.
- Notes and Details Page(s)- Your home comes detailed to meet the requirements of the latest adopted version of the ‘Residential Code’, and our notes and details pages outline all the elements applicable to the design of your home. Compliance with further standards may need to be incorporated into your plan set, depending the requirements of your building code area.